If you would like us to take care of your plating only, please note that:
- We need you to bring us finished items; plating is usually the last production step. Please note that soldering, tumbling,… can destroy your plating. If necessary, please ask us for advices regarding your production routing.
- We can’t plate on oxidized jewelry. The results would be of a poor quality. There are solutions but it needs to be discussed beforehand.
- You can close clasps, pins, and catches when you bring your jewelry to us, the plating process won’t stick both parts together.
- You can set your stones before plating. Except for Peridot, Coral, Shell, Pearl, Hematite, Lapis Lazuli, Malachite and Turquoise and a few other stones that can’t be plated. If you are unsure about any stones in your items please contact us for more information before making an order.
- In case you would like to glue some parts together during the assembly process, please plate your jewelry parts before the gluing process.
- Poor finishing or polishing will result in a bad plating result, porosity or scratches will be even more visible, and if the polishing is not satisfactory, the plating color might seem pale. We can help you with pre-plate finishing if required, please ask us about it. We cannot be responsible for poor plating results if the items presented to us for plating are not in a satisfactory condition.